Thursday, August 5, 2010

Angry Cats and Clamped Clams

Oh man, last night blues class was like watching myself on a first date (ok more like first sleep over).  Feeling all awkward, not really knowing where everything goes, being all serious about something that is ultimately a lot of fun, can feel really great, and to be honest is usually more fun with its crazy and not at all candle lit sexy - yeah, we are still talking about blues dancing.

I remember a few years ago when I was on my first encounter with blues, well blues and I had been flirting, we had been giving each other that look, you know the one girls, I like to call it "sparkle eyes", blues had been hanging out with other girls, making me dead keen to get in on the action (oh dancing, treat em mean and keep them keen eh?), im not gonna lie to yo, I was gaggin for it! But it made me try too hard..

I threw myself at blues, thighs first, and clung onto it like an angry cat, ordinary fairly cute but then possessed!  I look back with a slight sick feeling when I think of how hard I tried to RELAX, the poor boys I must have violated, hell, the poor girls I must have violated.. Im blushing!
Its soo embarrassing to think back to a few years ago, when at CCB we (not just me!!) were issued with orders such as "no clam clamping" and leads complained of "heavy beavers".. Ill explain both when you are all 21!  Lets just say, we should always leave room for cheesus...

For those of you who have tried blues without instruction, it may have felt like a whole heap of fumbling round in the dark with no real great outcome other than a polite thanks from the girl you were dancing with or a sheepish I'm sorry for the guy who you were swaying with, its time to think of Kara as your blues dancing Cosmo.  She will show you all the moves, come to class and take the quiz.. "what does it mean when he tells me to relax" and find that inner blues beast that has been waiting for just the right song forever!!

The most important thing to remember is this, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN.  Its not supposed to be hard work, its not supposed to be sexy, its not supposed to be sleazy or make you feel like maybe you just got pregnant from dancing with that guy.  Its not supposed to be for a performance piece, its not supposed to leave you feeling like maybe you gotta buy that girl a nice steak dinner and introduce her to your mum... its supposed to be fun.  You dont want to look back on your blues dancing and wonder if it was you that they were really talking about when they said they were gonna have to hose "them" down...

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember ever complaining! :) Good summary though.

    ReplyDelete