Thursday, April 2, 2009

Weekly Wrap Up - 1st April

This is no joke FOOLS!

Students last night were treated to three hours of power - but the one and only Barry "snazz bazz" Windridge!!

6.00 students fine tuned their swing outs - i have to say, the round of applause given to Duncan and I from Kara, Barry and the students for all our hard work last month, nearly brought a tear to my eye.. i was forced to take an extra large gulp of my beer!! Very humbling and extremely rewarding - Just so you know.. We do it all for you guys!! Us teachers get such a kick out of knowing that its all FINALLY COMING TOGETHER!!

7.00 students were introduced (some reintroduced) to the dreamy stylin of Balboa. In my personal opinion, we should be charging everyone twice the price for this class, Barry really is the authority when it comes to Bal, have confidence Hobart, you are learning from our finest (im not sooo shabby either if i do say so myself!!).

If you missed this class, either try to catch me (narelle@tasswing.com.au) for a quick debrief, or come along to class and try with all your mite to catch up! No new students accepted after class next week!

Tip for the Bal class - its gonna get crazy, if you would not go for a jog in it, don't wear it to class. This means supportive undergarments for EVERYONE boys and girls, and flat, comfy shoes for all as well!!

Beginners were treated just as well - but the weary but not defeated Barry! For the first time in a long time, snazzy took the back seat and I ran through the class with as much joy and passion as I usually do, but this time, I had proud moments, not just because of how well all the students did, but because, I was again teaching beginners with Barry (it has been a while). Now don't get me wrong, Duncan "Danger" Robinson, is an amazing teacher too, but Barry is a sometimes treat.. nice to have pepper up our classes every now and then.. wouldn't you agree??

Next week its still a mix 'n' match of teachers, this time its THREE HOURS OF POWER with yours truly. Kara is up north, cameo appearing in the Swing Patrol teachers line up, so I'm sorry gals and boys but you get me again for more Swing Outs at 6.00, Bringin on the Bal at 7.00 and six count at 8.00. Duncan will also be back for beginners, he was seconded to intermediate class this week!!

Relle

PS - how boring is this blog without photos?? Please please please email me what you have stashed away - or bring your camera to class.. there could be some brownies in it for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment