Thursday, February 26, 2009

The End (for now) of an Era


Last night was bitter sweet for all of us I think. Class numbers again massive, fast Charleston in beginners class took the pace to a whole new height, BUT, it was Bryce's last night of teaching for Tasswing (for a while).

It feels like Bryce and I have been teaching forever, and it is with great fondness that I look back on all of our classes (I hope students past and present do the same!). The good news is, Bryce is not moving away or quitting swing all together, he is just taking a teaching break to concentrate on his studies, so you will see him around the usual traps I'm sure!!

Stay tuned to the Tasswing newsletter for details of Bryce's guest appearances in class schedules, I know we all loved his Blues class with Kara, and I certainly know I would jump at the opportunity to teach with him again if ever he gets a break from his grueling study deadlines!!

I was asked last night what my favourite memory of teaching with Bryce was, and I spent a restless night trying to think of an answer to that question. Really there have been so many! For me our demos in beginners class always leave me a little weak in the knees and heart a flutter (could be the aerials we do!!), all of the subtle and not so subtle dirty jokes we would make in class, and all of the times we demonstrated "what not do to" made teaching with Bryce an absolute pleasure.

I might be getting a little nostalgic, but its hard not to!! Feel free to leave a comment on the best, and worst of "Bryce and Relle" (or Bryce and any of the other teachers), I'm sure there are stack we have forgotten or blocked out!!

Relle
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment