Friday, September 18, 2009

for your viewing pleasure!

So we have been studying musicality in the 6.00 class this month, and it made me realize, how often I "know the song" but I don't really listen to it. I'm one of those people that seem to be able to feel whats going on, and whats going to happen in songs that follow a standard structure, but for some reason, I cant take advantage of syncopation to save myself!

Anyway the ever faithful Pat shot me though the links I asked for in class, the YouTube to go with my favorite version of "Love Me or Leave Me". If I could dance half as well as these guys, I'd be happy with myself. Bryce and I spend a stack of time when we were teaching partners trying to nail some of the moves, and I wont lie, it was hard work!! The routine is obviously choreographed but just look at how these guys NAIL all of the high lights, accents, breaks and beat changes. These boys who rule my love of swing !!

On a different note, through a million clicks I also found this little gem! I'm not the biggest fan of hers but, if I could have this ladies wardrobe I'm pretty sure I would just go ahead and marry myself - also keep a watchful eye on her back up dancers. Next time there is a solo Charleston class - this is what we are talking about!!


For those of you who are really dying to know - this is the film clip that I mentioned in my previous blog, the one that got me into swing dancing (yeah I know - I've been asked to hurry up and write the next installment of the adventures of Relle and Mr T, but I gotta draw out the suspense!!)


Watch all three film clips in a row and you may need a cigarette after (wink), welcome to what makes me tick!!

1 comment: