Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Scarf

Its not often I'm cool with announcing publicly that I somehow managed to grind the skin of my boyfriends face, WITH MY INNER THIGHS, but today, I feel its ok.

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to attend a Shob and Andy weekend of workshops, although they were all fun, the aerials workshop was by far the most grueling and rewarding (what am I talking about?  I still have all my face skin!!).

Its hard to explain and I have had no luck finding a youtube clip, but essentially what happens is the follow starts on right hand side of her partner and ends up wrapping her right inner thigh onto her leads face, while she hooks her knee pit around his neck. Then with a vigorous swoosh she throws her arms around in a big circle, while her head hurtles toward the floor, in a moment of delight and confusion, her head comes back up, but now somehow she is behind her partner, and ends up with her feet on the floor, bent over his left shoulder in a "somersault" position. 

Now if all goes according to plan, no one gets hurt (massive kudos to our spotters!!), but occasionally things like me gripping onto Kyles neck as I'm trying to spin around him, makes it hard for him to really get into anything that resembles a somersault position, due to the fact that I have forced his head to be at my knee height by the end of the whole move.

Also, we found that if one was to grip, just a little too much in the entry and execution, one of us might end up with his face skin missing.  Apparently a few guys had rub burn on their ears!!  As any good dancer knows, this is because the leads were not doing something right, clearly!!  Had nothing to do with my vice like thighs clamping onto kyles neck and face for fear of cracking my head on the ground below!!

Anyway, as they say, practice makes perfect, and the social dance floor is not the time to practice aerials, so if you are up for a Sunday practice session in the park over summer, let me know!  Otherwise see you at the Christmas party tonight!!!

1 comment:

  1. I believe you will see the scarf at 2.05 in this famous Max & Annie clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1oLHxEyl3M

    ReplyDelete